Sunday, July 19, 2015

July 6, 2015 The Place Where I Belong

Erik:Well, guys, I'm sure you already got the news, but I'm going to say it anyways.

I'm coming home.

When President Winder pulled me in and said that I wasn't going forward for another 21 months, I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in my life. I was so ready to give my all for 2 years, and now I can't believe that it's almost over. But you know what? After a bit of tears (mostly on my part) I realized that it wasn't my will that mattered, or President Winder's, or even the First Presidency's; it was God's. If God doesn't want me here, then I guess he wants me elsewhere. So I would just like to say:

Dad, thanks for being an inspiration for me to look up to. You always made sure that I was doing my absolute best at all times, and I'm glad of that.

Mom, thank you for always making sure I was healthy and pure. I want to always make you and Dad proud of me.

Emily, thanks for being at your absolute randomest. Your emails have helped me with a lot of stress in my 3 months.

And Jacob, thank you for being the absolute best big brother a guy like me could have. Everything that you write or draw makes me proud to be your brother.

I love you all, and I look forward to working as hard as ever this week. Thank you all for being my eternal family. God bless you all! 
D&C 124:49

Tony:  
President came over last night to talk to us about it.  We're surprised but resigned.  We knew going in that it might be this way.  Now we just need to learn to accept it and move on.  Sounds like you've already made peace with the decision.  We're sure proud of you.

Matthew 25:21

 

Tara: 
Hi son. We are so proud of you. We were also a bit disappointed because you are doing so great on your mission. Now, you will just have to keep doing great things in other areas and continue being a missionary in all you do. I know that Heavenly Father knows what will bring you the most peace and joy.  We know that we will have trials and tests of our obedience in this life, and this is just one of them. You are doing great and we pray for your strength and ability to handle this well. What a great experience and blessing this has been!  We will move forward and continue to serve and learn and grow!  We love you so much!!!!!!

 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome homecoming! I felt the spirit so strong! I have no doubt that you will do great things even while being home. You are such an inspiration to us all Love you so much! Aunt Shara

    ReplyDelete