Sunday, May 31, 2015

May 11, 2015

May 11, 2015
Erik:  Hey, all! If my talking seems a bit short this week, that's because I'm thinking of what to write! Actually, there's a lady we are teaching right now whose name is Lisa. She has had some troubles lately; she is the nicest non-Mormon I can think of, but she has had problems with her family, drugs, and other things she won't talk to us about. We pray for her and every investigator we find, but if you could pray for her and give some advice on what to do, that would be so helpful. Also, I could use some advice on how to teach someone who isn't Mormon about the Church.

On Mother's Day, the plan is to make a Skype call at around 3, so I want you all to be prepared to ask some good questions, and keeping the crying to a minimum ;)

Not much is going on in the mission field as far as new investigators go, besides Suafa, but I'm meeting many members of the church we go to, which is the Cottonwood Park Ward, and we haven't met half of the members yet, and I'm still learning everybody's names. One of our most popular stops is at the Leavitts; they know Elder Lee personally, and they are the nicest people ever. Their son just got back from a mission, so it was nice to talk to him about his experiences.

I have until noon to talk, so if you have any questions, ask them now!

Tara:  We will pray for Lisa and for your ability to teach her. You are doing great on telling us what is going on! We love to hear everything that you are doing! Also, I can't wait to skype on Sunday!!!!!

Tony:  What are you doing the rest of today?  Do you have prep time until 6?

Tara:  I have not served a mission so your dad probably has better teaching advice than me. What comes to my mind is to keep it simple, and rely on the Holy Ghost to tell you what to teach. Don't try to impress people or talk too much, just let them ask questions and give simple answers. Ask them often if it makes sense or if they understand. You will do great if you rely on Heavenly Father to do the real teaching.   I love you!!!

Erik:  And I love you, Mom. I love you all and I can't wait to see you on Mother's day! I have to go now, sorry we couldn't talk longer. See you on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment